The independent school companies are today accused of realising high profits and that taxpayers’ money is thereby finding its way into private business people’s pockets without necessary investments being made. This review puts this in relation to what the companies invest in their business – in relation to both operating profit and employed external capital.
- Accumulated profits between 2006 and 2010 totalled almost SEK 820 million
- External funding via borrowing amounted to approximately SEK 2,200 million
- New share issues over the period amounted to SEK 774 million and an in-depth study covering 2000-2006 gave a further approximately SEK 200 million
- Total investment amounted to SEK 2,004 million
- Dividends paid amounted to approximately SEK 30 million
Read the review (pdf)