Almega – the Employers’ Organisation for the Swedish Service Sector
Sweden is a service-orientated society today. Nearly 75 percent of the working population work within services, either in private companies or the public sector. The private service sector has created the majority of new jobs since the mid-1990s.
Almega is an employers’ organisation that supports service companies in Sweden. The organisation has more than 11,000 member companies employing some 550,000 people. We strive to develop relations between employer and employees as well as public policy issues for our member companies.
Almega offers expertise in employment and labour law, union negotiations, salary setting processes, work environment, labour insurance and equality/discrimination matters. Our economic analyst keeps track of the service sector and offers analyses and forecasts. Our public affairs experts ensure that the interests of Almega’s members and the service sector remain in focus for politicians and policymakers. Almega’s sector associations are part of the Confederation of Swedish Enterprise (Svenskt Näringsliv).
Via our local offices we work closely with our member companies throughout Sweden. We create added value for our members through our extensive network, public affairs experts along with our negotiators and advisors within labour and employment law. Almega also offers continuous information on news and events on the labour market. Almega consists of nine associations representing various service industries, focusing on key issues in each industry.
Nine associations form Almega
Swedish IT and Telecom Industries (TechSverige)
Federation of Consulting Engineers and Architects (Innovationsföretagen)
Almega Service Associations (Almega Tjänsteförebunden)
Almega Service Employer Association (Almega Tjänsteföretagen)
Media Industries Association (Medieföretagen)
Association of Private Care Providers (Vårdföretagarna)
Competence Agencies of Sweden (Kompetentföretagen)
Association of Swedish Train Operating Companies (Tågföretagen)
The Swedish Security Industry Association (Säkerhetsföretagen)
Almega throughout Sweden
- Almega North, with offices in Luleå, Skellefteå, Umeå and Sundsvall
- Almega Central, with offices in Stockholm, Linköping and Örebro
- Almega West, with offices in Göteborg
- Almega South, with office in Malmö
Our negotiators all around Sweden are experts on various questions and issues related to employment/labour law. With their expert knowledge of local market conditions and close relations with union counterparts they provide our members with professional guidance.
- Strategic agenda for service innovation in Sweden – Joining national forces for service innovation
- How important is tangible investment in Swedish manufacturing and services?
- The Market for Childcare in the European Union
- Promoting the service society in Europe, Almega’s programme (pdf)
- Prioritised branch issues (pdf)
- Chains of value added – a more accurate measure of foreign trade? (pdf)
- Business services– increasingly important for the Swedish economy